10/19/11

We Are The Way


I thought I was a sprinter
it turns out I'm an
endurance runner

that's how god dreamed me

burnt up
broken open
washed and died

shatter me

shatter me

so that I can drown
in the liquid gold
pouring
from pale pink
wounds

that never were

rising up
everything is new
and I know

nothing
joyful relief, it is
feeling
that heals, after all

we didn't know
we are innocent
there is really nothing there

and yet

here we are

swirling in twisted ecstasy
posing as grief
loss separation

and love

love

love

no choice but to be

lightning searches
relentlessly
for the ground

it'll find a way

we are the way



2 comments:

thisunlitlight.com said...

Oh Mary - this poem touches me so deeply.
"joyful relief, it is
feeling
that heals, after all"
Thank you, and amen
In this LOVE ~ miriam louisa

Mary said...

Miriam Louisa, thank you so much! I'm so glad you were touched by it. Thank you for visiting.