4/26/09

Nothing Else to Be

It's all been said before
We are all repeating ourselves, 
And yet
Words keep coming...
Expressions arise..

THIS cannot be described because how can something which IS itself,  look at itself as an object in order to describe what it sees?

And how can THIS, which in fact is not an object, be described, except by an object which is outside of it, observing it?

Hmmmm..

There is no way out of THIS...everywhere "you" turn,  you will find YOU.  

Every seeming mind movement away from right here, THIS, is doomed. Doomed!  THERE IS NOTHING ELSE -THIS IS IT.

End, stop, fin, finito, ende...

Any, any, any thought that arises - now - arises in THIS that you ARE....no way around it,  no way out of it, no way into it, no way, no way, no way, no other way. 

There may be a complete collapse here....of what?  A belief in a thought...
Is there ever a belief in a thought - here and now?  Is there any other "time?" 

Only THIS.  Nowhere else to go.  Nothing else to be.


11 comments:

Julian Parker said...

Something in me sometimes feels it understand some of this.Well after all I cannot control that can I.

As you say, the words just keep coming.It is good that you keep sharing them with us, though its really beautiful when they stop too.

Mary said...

Thanks, Julian, for commenting. Yes, it seems that what we call "understanding" arises in THIS that you are, too.. :-))

Love,
Mary

Peter said...

Hi Mary,
thanks, been pondering how 'something' so fresh and new can also feel so comfortably like my own skin...that has been known/is being known/forever....is there a emoticon for "belly laugh"?

Love,
Peter

Mary said...

;-)) Belly laugh=knowing=Being=YOU !! ;-))

Love,
Mary

Charlie (Ishan) Hayes said...

As Always, LOVELY Natural Expressions of The One

Mary said...

Thank you Charlie, I'm glad you stopped by! :-))

Love,
Mary

Julian Parker said...

I liked a talk I heard by Gina lake on Youtube. She uses the word 'you' a lot, but then don't we all. Her words created spaciousness in me, which I recognise as being a truer me I could live from. It often seems that speakers from all different traditions, if you unpack the words, seem to be pointing to the same truth. Ralph Emerson Waldo was saying the same thing from the 19th century!
I feel that one-ness is the ultimate truth we are trying to recognise,and for that we the small me has to fall away, but something has to take us to that place where there is no me to find it, and so many things can do that, sometimes more successfully than the non-dualist speaker or writer. Your poetry does it (I call it poetry).

Mary said...

Hi Julian,
Yes, I agree, and you say it so well. Walt Whitman and William Blake are two others I can think of, as well! It seems that Grace shows us "her face" in a myriad of ways...
I am flattered that you call my writings poetry...Life is poetry! ;-))

Love,
Mary

Julian Parker said...

Yes life is poetry, but it seems to delight in these apparent individual expressions - to show off.
I feel a sense of meeting with people like Walt Whitman; the same sense of meeting happens here.

Bob W. said...

Hi, Mary.

I finally got around to catching up on your blog here. Could I suggest that you take your favorite pieces from you blog and post them over on the YJ Journal Community? They would be an excellent addition. Be sure to include the link to your own blog at the bottom.

Bob W. (reweis on YJ Community-- http://community.yogajournal.com/reweis)

Mary said...

Hi Bob,
I'm going to respond to you at the YJ community website. Thank you for visiting! ;-))

Love,
Mary